Market Assistant Needed
June 2019 – October 2019
The Ottawa Farmers’ Market is looking to hire an individual to do physical work at our Lansdowne Market on Sundays. The applicant must be fit and able to do heavy work, outgoing and able to interact with many different people, be willing and equipped to work in all kinds of weather, and must commit to all Market Sundays, June – October, immediate availability needed. The working day would be approximately 10 hours beginning at 7:00 am; rate would be $16.00 per hour with the candidate providing timesheets bi-weekly.
Under the direction of the Market Manager or Market Coordinator, duties would include but not be restricted to:
- Mapping out the site weekly, and orienting vendors to their proper stall;
- Putting out directional and other signage for customers prior to opening;
- Erecting canopies and tables for information stall and others as needed;
- Putting out tables and chairs or picnic tables for customers in the food concession area and ensuring they are kept clean during the day;
- Keeping garbage cans emptied throughout the day;
- Maintaining market tools and equipment, building new equipment and doing small repairs when needed;
- Ensuring vendors are tied down each morning and that they have the necessary rope and materials.
- Purchasing tools and supplies needed for the day-to-day running of the Market (paid for by the market);
- Helping the Market Coordinator set up supplies for events
Send your cover letter and resume to the Market Coordinator at: